Questions For Your Hair Transplant Doctor
If you've recently noticed hair loss, you may prefer to talk to your primary physician or dermatologist first before seeking treatment. While hair loss is most commonly caused by genetics, there could be one or more underlying factors related to your health or your lifestyle.
Some questions you might want to get answers to:
- Based on my health history, could medical issues be contributing to my hair loss?
- Could my hair loss be a symptom of illness or disease? Could it be a side effect of any medications I'm taking?
- Could my diet, lifestyle, or stress be affecting my hair?
- Am I healthy enough to participate in a hair restoration program - either surgical, non-surgical, or topical?
- Based on my personal health history, are there possible complications related to these treatments that I should be concerned about?
- What kind of results would you expect me to experience with these treatments?
- Have you had other patients who've been treated for hair loss? What methods worked best for them?