What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use the Information?
Hair Club may ask you to provide certain demographic information, such as your name, contact information and age range ("Personal Information").
This information may be gathered from you at several different points, including, without limitation:
- When you visit this site and voluntarily register with us to request a free consultation, request product information or provide feedback in an online survey.
- When you participate in an online-sweepstakes.
- When you submit a testimonial or review online.
- When you submit an email address for use by Hair Club.
- When you subscribe to receive e-mails from Hair Club.
- When you participate in a click to chat/live chat session.
When you provide such information to us, we may use it to deliver the requested services or information, provide you with information regarding products or services you may purchase, and to improve the content and administration of our website. Hair Club may transfer your Personal Information to or share it with a business partner or vendor for future marketing or development of Hair Club services and products. By providing us such Personal Information, you agree to allow us to contact you with information, special offers or promotional materials in the future.
Surveys, Sweepstakes & Contests
Occasionally Hair Club may request information from users of its website via surveys, sweepstakes or contests. Participation in these surveys, sweepstakes or contests is completely voluntary, and the users of our website have a choice regarding participation and the type of information they disclose. Information requested may Personal Information. We use such information to notify contest winners, to award prizes and to analyze the website traffic to improve the user's experience on all of our websites. All participation in surveys, sweepstakes and contests is subject to applicable law, the applicable rules and terms and conditions that accompany each of these contests or sweepstakes. These rules, terms and conditions may be accessed at the time of your participation.
Social Media Features
Important Website Terminology
- Cookies. "Cookies" are small, removable pieces of data that are stored by a user's Internet browser on a user's computer when a Hair Club website is accessed that enables us to track and personalize our websites to enhance each user's website experience. Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookies installed on your computer. You may erase them, block them or have notifications sent to you when a cookie is stored on your computer. However, if a user's browser refuses the cookie, some of the features and services of Hair Club's website may not operate to their fullest or properly and you may not be able to take full advantage of all our websites' features.
- Google Analytics. We use certain tools provided by Google, e.g., Google Analytics, Google AdWords Conversion tracker, and other Google services across our websites that place cookies on a user's browser. These cookies help us personalize the website experience and increase the website's effectiveness for our visitors. These cookies are set and read by Google. To opt out of Google tracking, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- Google AdWords. We also use Google's AdWords functions and tools, including cookies, to display our offers and services across the web. We place tags on certain browser pages, and then a third party reads these cookies and may serve an ad via a third party's website. We use this tool to help bring you offers we think might interest you based upon your past online choices. You may opt out of this service by visiting the following link: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
As is true with most websites, when you visit our website, we capture some information automatically either directly or through our service provider such as IP addresses. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website, and to help ensure the security of your interaction with the website. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information.
Information from Third Parties
Hair Club may, from time to time, obtain supplemental information about you from third party sources or from our marketing partners in connection with co-branded websites or promotions. If we receive Personal Information from a third party source and/or we combine the information we receive from these third party sources with your Personal Information, we will treat that information and the combined information as Personal Information. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by third parties or how such third parties collect and use such information.
Hair Club places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our clients and visitors. We have implemented technical and organizational measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. Please note, however, although Hair Club will make every reasonable effort to protect your Personal Information, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your date for improper purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Except as otherwise provided herein, Hair Club does not share, rent or sell any Personal Information it collects to any third party for third party marketing or solicitation purposes. Hair Club may, in its sole discretion, share with third parties information that is not associated with your name or identity, such as website usage information, non-personally identifiable demographic information, and aggregate user statistics. Hair Club may share Personal Information with third parties as described at the time you provide the information and under the following circumstances:
- Third Party Company. When you allow and direct Hair Club to share your Personal Information with third-party company sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. Please note that once we share your Personal Information with such company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company's privacy practices.
- Business Transfers. Hair Club may disclose Personal Information about you in connection with a merger, acquisition or reorganization or in connection with due diligence for a possible transaction.
- Marketing. Hair Club may transfer your Personal Information to or share it with a business partner for future marketing, development of new products, or customer service, etc.
- Legal and Safety Obligations. Under certain circumstances, Hair Club may be required to disclose information if (i) required to do so by law, search warrant, subpoena, court order or other legal process, (ii) requested by law enforcement or other government authorities, or (iii) Hair Club believes such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Hair Club and it's websites, visitors to the websites and clients of our services.
Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or anyone else. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), Hair Club does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and Hair Club does not target its website to children under 13 years of age.
Your California Privacy Rights
California legislation permits our clients who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the Personal Information, if any, we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of Personal Information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information within the immediately preceding calendar year. Instead of responding to such requests; however, a company may choose to comply with this law by establishing and publishing on its website a policy of not disclosing a customer's Personal Information to such third parties unless the customer affirmatively agrees to such disclosures, or a policy of not disclosing a customer's Personal Information to such third parties if the customer has exercised an option that prevents that information from being disclosed to third parties for those purposes. Thus, a company may comply with the law by notifying the customer of his or her right to prevent disclosure of Personal Information and providing a cost free means to exercise that right.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Attn: California Privacy Rights Request
Hair Club for Men & Women
1515 South Federal Highway
Boca Raton, FL 33432
Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through a written request as stated herein.
Links to Other Websites
Hair Club posts customer testimonials on its website which may contain Personal Information. Hair Club has obtained the consent of all such clients prior to posting the testimonial containing their Personal Information.
Attn: Website Inquiry
Hair Club for Men & Women
1515 South Federal Highway
Boca Raton, FL 33432
(800) 251-2658 or (561) 361-7600
Commercial Electronic Messages - Opting Out
You may change your communication preferences at the time you provide your Personal Information to us or by using one of the methods to contact us noted in the "Contact Us" section above stating that you no longer wish to receive promotional materials from us. You may also unsubscribe from our commercial electronic messages by using the unsubscribe function in our message. To ensure proper updating of account information, users with more than one e-mail address should submit the unsubscribe request for each separate e-mail address.
Browser Do Not Track Signals
Hair Club currently does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. We do; however, offer our customers choices to manage their preferences that are provided in the sections mentioned above. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org.