[Last modified on January 17, 2018]
Please read these terms carefully.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect several types of information from and about our customers, prospective customers, and users of our website, including but not limited to information which personally identifies you, for instance, name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number ("Personal Information"), and information which on its own would not identify you, such as your gender, ethnicity, internet connection, “IP” address, the equipment you use, and your usage details over time. All of the information we collect, may eventually be attached to your profile once you become a client/provide us with your Personal Information. We will refer to the information which is collected automatically and which does not identify you together with your Personal Information, collectively, as “Information.”
How and When Do We Collect Information?
Hair Club collects Information, from you in different ways or at different points in time, including but not limited to:
- Directly from you:
- When you provide us your Personal Information, in person, during a telephone call, or via the website.
- When you interact with our website, including but not limited to, through an interactive feature such as an interactive quiz, and or a third party platform, by posting comments or reviews about us, or when you initiate a live chat with one of our representatives.
- When you fill out any Hair Club form whether in person or on our website, including but not limited to, the forms to schedule an initial consultation, to request service and product information, to report a problem with our website or services, to receive communications, to receive Hair Club offers, to participate in a sweepstake, quiz, game, or survey (“Form”).
- When you correspond with us by sending us an email, a letter, a message through social media, or through any other form of electronic communication.
- Indirectly: from third parties with whom we have a relationship, contractual or other, including but not limited to our marketing partners, business affiliates, data brokers, platform providers, such as internet service providers, operating systems, browsers, social media seek programs, etc. Please know that Hair Club is not responsible for the accuracy of the Information provided to us by third parties or how such third parties collect and use your Information. Keep in mind that when you use social media, Information you have shared may be public, and accessible publicly and indexable by search engines.
- Automatically: from automatic data collection technologies, which help us gather data about you which on its own would not identify you such as demographic information, your online behavior or your use of our website and or interaction with any other platform associated with us (also known as behavioral tracking). We also collect data through cookies, web beacons, embedded pixels, local data storage, and other tracking technologies, as well as details from your internet provider about your IP address, location, internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website etc. The information we collect through these automatic data collection technologies may later be associated to your Personal Information. See our Do Not Track Signals section for information on this.
Why Do We Collect Information and How Do We Use It?
We collect Information about and from you, including Personal Information, for various purposes, including, but not limited to, to:
- Find out how to contact you and determine how you wish to be contacted, including via telephone call, text message, email, or physical correspondence
- Deliver any information, offers, promotions, products or services that you may have requested
- Notify you of Hair Club’s latest offers and promotions
- Manage our business relationship (including reminding you of an appointment, sending you a billing statement, updating or upholding our legal agreements, making material changes to this website or our services)
- Better tailor our offers to your specific needs
- Combine anonymous information we have collected with your Personal Information to have a complete profile about you
- Improve the content and administration of our website and our social or networking applications and our marketing content
- Ensure that our advertising partners will display Hair Club offers which may interest you as you browse the internet
- Give you important notices regarding any of the above
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you consented, or which may have been described to you when you provided the Information
- Comply with any legal requirement
If you do not want Hair Club to use your Information for any of the purposes above, please refer to the Contact Us section and let us know. Hair Club respects your privacy and we will be happy to update your preferences at any time.
How Do We Communicate with You?
At Hair Club our goal is to ensure that the way we communicate with you reflects preference. That is why when we ask you to share your Personal Information, we seek your consent to communicate with you in different ways, and we use reasonable efforts to use your Personal Information in the manner you designated in accordance with applicable law. If we have an existing business relationship, you have consented to receive email, phone and text message (as applicable) in order to manage our business relationship, including, but not limited to telephone, email and text message appointment and or invoice reminders (“Business Communications”).
Please take a moment to review the You Have Options section, to learn about what other types of communications you may receive from Hair Club in addition to Business Communications. Keep in mind that you may revoke or modify your consent to receive other types of communications at any time, but note that it may take up to 10 business days for your request to be processed.
You Have Options
Throughout our website, and in our locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, from time to time, you may be asked to provide us with your Personal Information. Use those opportunities to determine how you wish to be reached by Hair Club.
Electing to be contacted for non-Business Communications is not a condition for our services. We want to hear from you, and want you to be happy when you hear from us. You may change your preferences at any time by communicating with us as stated in the Contact Us section or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a moment to review the following paragraphs to find out how we communicate with you, when you elect to subscribe or “Opt In” to different types of communications which are commercial in nature and are not Business Communications.
Hair Club’s Mobile Offers Terms and Conditions (Text Messages)
Hair Club offers you the choice of receiving special promotions and offers via text messages on your mobile device (“Mobile Offers”). By texting JOIN to 32496, and/or by responding with a text to any advertising message from Hair Club you are explicitly consenting to receiving up to 5 mobile text alerts or messages of a commercial nature per month sent via an automatic telephone dialing system. Hair Club does not charge you for the Mobile Offers it sends, but message and data rates from your mobile carrier may apply when receiving Mobile Offers. Please note, that participation in Hair Club’s Mobile Offer program is voluntary and you do not have to consent to receiving Mobile Offers in order to be able to receive Hair Club services. You must be 18 years of age to sign up. By signing up, you are confirming that you are over the age of 18. Canadian Recipients: If you reside in Canada, Mobile Offers are sent to you on behalf of (0968359 B.C. Ltd. o/a Hair Club) with a mailing address of: 1515 S. Federal Hwy. Ste. 401, Boca Raton, FL 33432.
How to “Opt Out” or unsubscribe from Mobile Offers
To unsubscribe from receiving Hair Club’s Mobile Offers follow the instructions in the Mobile Offer or text STOP to 32496. When you text STOP you will receive a confirmation text. You may also unsubscribe from Mobile Offers by emailing us at email@example.com
Mobile Offers Customer Support and Contact Information
If you need additional information regarding Hair Club’s Mobile Offers, text HELP to 32496 or contact 1-800-237-4236 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is a list of mobile carriers through which Hair Club may contact you when you Opt In:
AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Boost, Cricket, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Virgin Mobile, ACS Wireless, Appalachian Wireless, Bluegrass Cellular, Carolina West Wireless, Cellcom, C-Spire Wireless (formerly Cellsouth), Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cross (dba Sprocket), Duet IP, Element Mobile, EpicTouch, GCI Communications, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri Cellular), Illinois Valley Cellular, Immix (Keystone Wireless / PC Management), Inland Cellular, iWireless, Mobi PCS (Coral Wireless LLC), Mosaic, MTPCS / Cellular One (Cellone Nation), Nex-Tech Wireless, nTelos, Panhandle Telecommunications, Peoples Wireless, Pioneer, Plateau, Revol Wireless, Rina – Custer, Rina – All West, Rina – Cambridge Telecom Coop, Rina – Eagle Valley Comm, Rina – Farmers Mutual Telephone Co, Rina – Nucla Nutria Telephone Co, Rina – Silver Star, Rina – South Central Comm, Rina – Syringa, Rina – UBET, Rina – Manti, South Canaan / CellularOne of NEPA, Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United, Viaero Wireless, West Central Wireless, Leaco, Nemont/Sagebrush. T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Commercial Electronic Messages Terms and Conditions (E-mails)
Hair Club offers you the choice of receiving special promotions, updates, blogs, and offers via e-mail (“Email Offers”). When you Opt In to receive Email Offers, you are explicitly consenting to receiving up to 5 Email Offers (email alerts or messages) of a commercial nature per month sent via an automatic emailing system. Please note that participation in Hair Club’s Email Offer program is voluntary and you do not have to consent to receiving Email Offers in order to be able to receive Hair Club services. You must be 18 years of age to sign up. By signing up, you are confirming that you are over the age of 18. Canadian Recipients: If you reside in Canada, Hair Club Email Offers are sent to you on behalf of (0968359 B.C. Ltd. o/a Hair Club) with a mailing address of: 1515 S. Federal Hwy., Ste. 401, Boca Raton, FL 33432.
How to “Opt Out” or unsubscribe from E-mails
To unsubscribe from receiving Email Offers email either click on the unsubscribe link or follow the instructions provided in each email or email@example.com. Please note that unsubscribing via email may take up to 10 business days to implement.
Email Offers Customer Support and Contact information
If you need additional information regarding Hair Club’s Email Offers please contact Hair Club at 1-800-237-4236 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See also our Contact Us section for additional ways to reach us.
Follow Up Calls Terms and Conditions
From time to time, after you have provided us your Personal Information, a Hair Club representative may call you to inform you of special Hair Club offers or offers specially tailored to you, and or other information (“Follow Up Calls”). By providing your Personal Information to us regardless of the method by which you provide it, including but not limited to, via our website, via a Form, via text, over the phone or through social media, you are consenting to receiving Follow Up Calls from time to time for a period not to exceed two years after you first provided us your Personal Information unless you revoke such consent before that time. Please note, that you may advise Hair Club and or any Hair Club representative of your desire not to receive Follow Up Calls at any time after you provide us with your Personal Information or you may write to us at any time at email@example.com with your request. You must be 18 years of age to sign up to receive any Hair Club information. By signing up, you are confirming that you are over the age of 18.
How to “Opt Out”
You may request to stop receiving Follow Up Calls whenever you want. Just let the Hair Club representative who calls you know or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that unsubscribing from Follow Up Calls may take up to 10 business days to implement.
Email Offers Customer Support
If you need additional information regarding Hair Club’s Follow Up Calls please contact Hair Club at 1-800-237-4236 or send an email to email@example.com. See also our Contact Us section for additional ways to reach us.
Do Not Track Signals.
Please note that Hair Club currently does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. To learn more about browser tracking signals and DNT please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Hair Club will not share, rent or sell any Personal Information with third parties, except as disclosed in this section.
- Social Networking Sites and third party platforms. From time to time, when you interact with third-party company sites or platforms, such as social networking sites, analytics service, or an advertising network partner, these third party sites or platforms require that Hair Club share your Information. If you agree to interacting with those sites or platforms, such as by clicking on an ad on Facebook, for instance, it means that you are consenting to our sharing of your Personal Information with those sites, and we will do so. Please note that once we share or post your Personal Information with such company, your Personal Information becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices. Hair Club will have no way to control what such company does with your Personal Information after you have consented to our sharing of it. Hair Club explicitly disclaims responsibility for or liability for the privacy practices or actions of third parties which do not belong to or are not under the control of Hair Club. Most of these third parties will not change their tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals from your web browser and we do not have any contractual safeguards in place that would require them to do so.
- Analytics services and Advertising Networks and or Providers. When you visit our website, we may be sharing your non identifiable information, with certain parties, only with respect to your browsing or usage, pursuant to our agreements with them. These third parties do not change their tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals from your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor “do-not-track” signals. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track,” please visit http://allaboutdnt.org.
- Legal and Safety Obligations. Under certain circumstances, Hair Club may be bound to disclose Information if (i) required to do so by law, search warrant, subpoena, court order or other legal process, (ii) requested by law enforcement or other government authorities, or (iii) Hair Club believes such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Hair Club and its websites, visitors to the websites and clients of our services.
- Business Transactions. Hair Club may disclose Personal Information about you in connection with a merger, acquisition or reorganization or in connection with due diligence for a possible transaction.
Hair Club places great importance on the security of any Information collected from its clients and visitors. We have implemented technical and organizational measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, destruction, or disclosure, by encrypting our website and platforms, by reviewing our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems. We also restrict access to Personal Information to Hair Club employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Please note, however, that although at Hair Club we strive to adhere to industry standards of security to protect your Personal Information, Hair Club is unable to guarantee the safety of your Personal Information, including with respect to unauthorized access or use of your data by third parties.
Other Important Information
Surveys, Sweepstakes Quizzes & Contests
Occasionally Hair Club may request information from its existing clients and or the users of its website via surveys, sweepstakes, quizzes or contests. Information requested may be Personal Information. Participation in these surveys, sweepstakes, quizzes or contests is completely voluntary, and you, our existing or prospective client, and or the user of our website have the choice not to participate if you disagree with Hair Club’s conditions of entry and or if you disagree with the way Hair Club will use such Information. Generally, Information collected by Hair Club in a survey, sweepstake, quiz or contest will be used for: notifications regarding the survey, sweepstake or contest, sending you marketing and or promotional communications from Hair Club via mailers, e-mail, text message, automated or live phone calls, to analyze the website traffic to improve the user’s experience on Hair Club websites, tailoring Hair Club’s marketing practices. By participating in a survey, sweepstake, quiz and or contest, you consent to the use given to the Personal Information you provide in your entry as set forth in this section. All participation in surveys, sweepstakes, quizzes, and contests is subject to applicable law and the rules and terms and conditions set out in such contest or sweepstake.
Our website is intended for adults over the age of 18 and it is therefore not intended for minors. We do not currently collect age information through our website. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the website. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), Hair Club does not knowingly collect information from children under 13, as our policy is that no one under the age of 18 should use our website. Hair Club does not target its website to minors in general. Children younger than 13 should always get permission from their parents before sending any information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features/register on the website, use any of the interactive features of this website or provide any Personal Information to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below.
If you are an adult looking for information on our Hair Club for Kids® program, please visit our Hair Club For Kids page. If you are under the age of 18 stop using the website, and please have your parent or legal guardian contact us on your behalf.
Links to Other Websites
1515 South Federal Highway
Boca Raton, FL 33432
(800) 251-2658 or (561) 361-7600
By Email – For Customer Service or if you wish to no longer receive information from Hair Club: