Let's face it. Summer has not been cool to your hair. (Pun intended)
Sure, when you style your hair in the morning, it looks flawless. That is until you step outside.
Unless you've got your hairstylist on speed dial, keeping your style during the severe humidity of summer can be a quandary.
It's normal to think about chopping your hair off during the scorching summer months, but before you make such a rash decision, we have 5 no-fuss summer hairstyles for you to try!
The Top Knot
- Start by spraying dry shampoo, focusing on your roots.
- Secure your hair in a high ponytail.
- Then, lightly twist your hair and wrap it around the base of your ponytail to hide the hairband.
- Take 4-6 bobby pins and secure your bun in the front, back and on both sides.
- Spray some flexible hair spray to keep everything loosely in place.
The Side Braid
- Start by spraying dry shampoo on your roots.
- Create a side part, then pull all your hair to one side.
- Separate your hair into 3 even sections.
- Loosely braid your hair while holding it over your shoulder. Secure with a hairband at the end.
- Gently tug braided sections of hair apart to create a fuller look.
The Bubble Ponytail
- Pull half of your hair up and secure it with a clear elastic.
- Tug at some pieces in your top section to give your hair some volume instead of having it completely slicked back.
- Tease the top of your ponytail.
- The top of your ponytail is going to be your first "bubble," and you want it to have plenty of volume.
- Repeat the above steps until you reach the end of the ponytail.
- Tug at all the bubbles to give them character.
- The final look should appear messy, and all the bubbles should be similar in size.
The Fishtail Braid
- Start your fishtail by teasing the crown of your head to get your hair "sticky."
- Take a small amount of hair from the back of your head and part it into two sections.
- Take strands from the right section and cross it over the left section.
- Take strands from the left section and cross it over the right section.
- Repeat these steps until you reach the end of the "tail." Secure your braid with a hair tie.
- Fishtails look gorgeous when they're a little messy and undone. Tug at the braid to achieve this look.
- Split your hair into two sections and pull into high pigtails.
- Lightly tease each pigtail and then wrap into a bun.
- Secure the buns with bobby pins.
- Pull sections out slightly to make each bun a little wider.
It's summertime - the time of year when living should be easy.
There are a million fun activities to do during the summer, like attending music festivals, beach bashes or a taking a bike ride through the park. Yet, it can be trying at best to enjoy your summer fun when your bangs are stuck to your forehead. Going home to fix your hair is a waste of precious summer fun.
We're confident that these simple summer styles will be all the hair inspiration you'll need to enjoy your summer - even when the heat and humidity reach next-level oppressive.